6-Time “Best of Red Deer Accounting Service” is Now Hiring!
Do you have what it takes to be the Best of Red Deer again and again?
CGL Strategic Business & Tax Advisors (CGLtax.ca) is accepting resumes for a full-time, Receptionist / Administrative Assistant that is willing to be trained to eventually become the personal Executive Assistant to the owner.
In addition to receptionist duties, the successful applicant will be provding administrative and clerical support to all other staff in the office.
Education/Experience is a must.
Screen calls / make appointments / direct calls / handle mail / front desk reception / but also someone that can be given more difficult tasks - like create and edit letters from scratch / edit and proofread documents / possibly assist with creating presentation materials / accounts receivable / possibly payables / market CGL on social media ... etc.
The successfule applicant would need to be able to be outgoing, friendly, easy going to co-workers, and willing to be at their beck and call. For example, they should not think bringing a colleague a coffee in a client meeting is beneath them.
As we have a very thorough screening and hiring process that involve other staff as part of it, interested applicants should send a resume and cover letter to HireMe@CGLtax.ca
Boring stuff… ... I mean…
- Repetitive administrative tasks
- Filing and archiving
- Assembly of outgoing client packages
- Sorting and organizing receipts and documents by category
- Preparing distribution lists
- Mail room duties of preparing items for shipment
- Measuring, weighing, and packing parcels for courier
- Creation of electronic documents from paper records through various scanning and copying equipment
- Work within a Microsoft Windows 10 environment on desktop computers
Are you still there? We’re almost through the boring stuff…
- Experience in an workplace environment where you were required and excelled in accuracy and consistency in services provided to customers
- Strong computer literacy including effective working skills of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Experience using document scanning software and related scanning and copying equipment
- Experience using tax preparation software is an asset but not a requirement.
Personal Characteristics (on the serious side)
- Displays enthusiasm, optimism, drive, and passion while maintaining a high level of productivity
- Professional whose honesty, integrity, confidentiality and high ethical standards contribute to effective leadership and optimal business relationship
- Effectively expresses ideas and conveys information in business writing, conversations and interactions with others
- Understands the importance of quality client service by being courteous, responding to client requests in a timely manner and monitoring satisfaction
- Works collaboratively with team members in order to achieve a common goal and develops, maintains and strengthens relationships with others, both inside and outside the workplace
- Takes responsibility for one's own performance by setting clear goals and tracking progress against those goals; is highly organized and uses personal judgment and decision making
- Effectively manages multiple assignments, adapts to changing priorities and is able to work independently or as part of a team
The Real You? (on the not-so-serious side)
- Willing to become a face of CGL (because the boss’s face is not that great)
- Maintain a high level of customer service that it takes to be the best of Red Deer
- Enthusiastic, friendly, and willing to learn
- Willing to shed old habits from prior workplaces
- Want to work in a small office environment and help grow the business
- Have an easy-going and laid-back sense of humour (if you take offense easily, don’t apply)
- Can shake their head in disbelief at the employer’s bad puns and pretend to laugh so as not to hurt his ego
- Knows what it takes to be productive, take initiative, and be part of a successful team
- Willing to work varying shifts and hours including the possibility of overtime and some Saturdays when required
- Able to learn new computer equipment and software skills quickly
- Strong vokabulary and accreat spelling (without spellcheque) because clearly not every error gets noticed by the computer
- Focused on attention to detail, while being efficient and productive, understanding that this balance is paramount to our success
If this sounds like a fit for you, then get off your butt and send your resume along with a cover letter stating the following:
- Why we should screen in your application to the next phase;
- How your skills and experience would be useful in our office; and
- What are your salary expectations for the position - be honest, if we’re not in the same ballpark, there is no sense wasting one another’s time.
Apply early as this position will only be open until a suitable candidate is found.
Preference will be given to those that think the boss is good looking… but since no one would apply on that criteria, we will settle for you telling us if you were a tree, what kind of tree would you be and why.
We appreciate all applications, however, due to expected volume, only those screened in to the next step in the process will be contacted.